Tuesday, February 3, 2009

No Job = More Opportunities to Shoot

In case anybody hasn't heard, I've been laid off.  Due to budget constraints, my company has decided to part ways with my services and abilities.  Pretty messed up eh?  I still can't believe this has happened.  What 25 year old gets laid off?  You'd think from a human resources perspective, it would the worst decision a company can make.  Think about it...  I've been there for three years.  I'm still quite young.  I haven't become "stagnant" in my position and without the ability to change my role effortlessly.  I don't make nearly as much as most people there.  The company has already paid for almost half of my MBA, a $6,000 value so far.  Seems like a real waste to me.  Idiots.  My last day is Friday.

It's just now hitting me that I will have a lot of time on my hands starting next Monday.  Of course searching for another job will be top priority, but I've also realized that I've been provided with an excellent opportunity.  I no longer have a schedule that owns my time 40+ hours a week.  I can now get up early and stay up late in order to capture those perfect landscape lighting conditions.  I'm hoping that I find another job ASAP, don't get me wrong, but I also hope that the time that I do have away from the grind is blessed with some great weather.  Look forward to a multi-part series showcasing my first crack at some landscape photography.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment