Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wentworth by the Sea

Last night I had the privilege of spending a couple hours at the Wentworth hotel in Newcastle (I believe I posted a link to the place in my last post so check it out if you have the time).  I booked a massage at their spa for my girlfriend as a Christmas present, so while she was being rubbed on I got my drink on in the lounge.  It was quite classy to say the least, but the drink prices were surprisingly cheap.  Only cost me 10 bucks for a couple Bass drafts.

Unfortunately, this picture was the only one of the outside I could take.  The winds were howling and the temperature was already below freezing, so after taking the first shot I quickly had to turn around and catch up with Sara.  The New Hampshire seacoast in late January can be quite chilly.  However, I did have time to take a few shots inside the hotel.  I have yet to pick up my flash so I had to crank the ISO to 800.  Normally this would be fine for a camera like a Nikon D300, but with my D60, noise can be quite apparent.  Once I finish pushing the images through Photoshop with Noise Ninja, I'll post them to my gallery and post the link.  All in all it was a pretty great night though.

In other news, I had an interview with another development team and it went pretty well.  Hopefully I'll get the job.  Oh yeah....did I mention I got laid off two weeks ago?  Yeah...  

No comments:

Post a Comment