Sunday, April 19, 2009

Let the Games Begin...

So I finally got my first paycheck on Friday and to my surprise, it was more than I budgeted it to be.  Must be in a different tax bracket now or something.  Anyways...the point is, I now have income again so it's time to exercise my patriotic duty and stimulate the economy.

I took the liberty of ordering myself a new tripod which can be found here...

I also decided to take the sweet deal currently being offered at Best Buy online for the D200.  It's currently $599 which is an unbeatable deal.  The camera came out in 2005 I think, but it's a professional body at a amateur price.  When the camera first came out, I think it was around $1500...maybe more.  Here's a link to the Best Buy listing...

UPDATE: Looks like the deal of a century is over and the price is back up to $799.  Boy was I lucky.

Before I start investing in some speedlights, I'd like to grab a few more lenses first.  Next on my list is Nikon's f/1.4 50mm.  Will be nice for some low light shooting.  After that, in no particular order, I plan to pick these up in no particular order:

- Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8
- Tamron 28-70mm f/2.8
- Tamron 12-24mm  (don't remember the F stop with this one and I'm too lazy to look it up right now)

Well I'm done sitting inside.  Time to get out and enjoy this weather.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment